Monday, July 14, 2008

The New York Yankees are more than just a team to me


So here I am, with a little more time on my hands. Thank God for the New York Yankees. It's not that I haven't always liked the team. In fact, following the Yanks is very definitely connected to my love of my late father, who taught me how to score a ball game, and was a huge fan from his Bronx childhood.

But I also had a major crush on the fantastic left fielder Roy White when I was a kid. And it doesn't hurt to be able to watch a lot of handsome athletes earning their keep when the testosterone level has drastically dipped in your household. This is the time when you contemplate that the line of Andy Pettite's jaw resembles a Mayan (or is it Aztec?) carving, or notice how green Derek Jeter's eyes are...

0 comments:

Post a Comment