Thursday, December 04, 2008

two shades of pink


I never paid much attention to Pink - not my demographic - but she has two songs that have been getting some airplay, and I have to admit to liking them for different reasons.

So What is the girl anthem, with Pink as the tough, angry girl ready to go out and kick some ass after a break-up. When I first heard So What all I could think of was how Pink might be this generation's Joan Jett, with a better voice and original material. My daughter loves to sing along to this song while we're driving, especially its "nah nah nah nah nah nah" chorus. Pure "girls wanting to be bad" fun.

Who Knew is a song for the sadder moments of the same situation. She really sings this one, and it captures how when people move out of your life, for whatever reason, there is a real void. Pink can sing, and might also have something to say. Who knew?

0 comments:

Post a Comment