Wednesday, April 29, 2009

where the (naked) boys are?

...What the heck was the Smithsonian thinking about this choice for a cover photo and story for the latest issue of Smithsonian Magazine? I have a few theories, but none of them reflect well on the "nation's attic."

Simply, this photo and story are not appropriate for a magazine that featured in the past few months dinosaurs and Lincoln and Darwin. Someone, actually a committee of someones, must be asleep at the switch.

I can hear my five-year-old daughter's voice, looking at this magazine cover and saying, "I can see his bottom!" Smithsonian magazine, I can see your subscriptions dropping or rising, I guess, depending on what audience you think you are trying to reach.

Thanks to Liz for pointing this out - I think!

Elegantly Dressed Wednesday button

0 comments:

Post a Comment