Thursday, October 08, 2009

movie madness


The kid enjoyed documenting the latest Mummy movie as much as watching it. It was actually fun - one of those movies that you would have probably left the theater disappointed, but seeing it on cable can be a hoot.


You know, a Brendan Fraser flick. I've always had a soft spot for him, but apart from the first Mummy movie, I think his movies play better on the small screen. I've seen most of them - Encino Man, Bedazzled, Journey to the Center of the Earth, the Looney Tune one. I'm pretty sure I saw George of the Jungle but I couldn't tell you anything about it, except I enjoyed the visuals...

What I've always liked about him, besides his good looks, is his absolute willingness to look silly, even ridiculous. It's a major part of his charm (besides the torso.) My daughter adores the Journey to the Center of the Earth movie, mostly for Fraser's nephew in the film, played by Josh Hutcherson. She'll be thrilled to hear that a sequel is being planned. Her favorite part of The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - the Yeti, of course...



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

atthebench said...

Brendan Fraser is also excellent in the serious/dramatic roles- The Quiet American and Crash spring to mind. Did you see Inkheart? The books were awesome!

xoxoxo said...

No, I haven't seen Inkheart yet - will have to check that out. He can definitely act. I did like him in Crash, but haven't seen the Quiet American yet. I also really liked him in Gods and Monsters. But I guess I especially like him when he is poking fun at himself, his good looks, and the whole action-adventure genre, while still enjoying what is essentially his bread-and-butter and so I enjoy it as well.

Post a Comment