Sunday, May 23, 2010

lost love

After watching the pilot last night I was reminded about how great it was and how many clues to the course of the series were planted: black & white, the smoke monster (which sounded just like 815 breaking apart), levels of trust and communication issues with the Losties.

Some of my favorite LOST moments are in the pilot, and got me thinking about great moments throughout the series:
  • Charlie's ominous question after they hear Rousseau's transmission, "Guys, where are we?"
  • Mr. Eko face to face with the smoke monster.




  • Desmond and Penny, on the phone, declaring their eternal love for one another.
  • Ben, still posing as Henry Gale in the Hatch, manipulating Jack and Locke while asking for milk. "I guess it's a good thing I'm not one of them, huh? You guys got any milk?"
  • Sawyer, cracking wise and wonderful.
  • Hurley & Co. driving the Dharma van on the road to Shambala.
  • Desmond in the hatch waking up, exercising, self-injecting, to the hits of the 70s.
  • Jack and Desmond on the stadium bleachers.
  • Jacob and the MIB on the beach, when we first see them.
  • Locke, when he learns he can't go on his walkabout. "Don't tell me what I can't do!"
  • Sayid, by the magic pool, looking eerily at Ben and saying that it is too late for him.
  • Richard communicating with his dead wife with Hurley's help.





There are so many more, but these are a good start and a reason to watch the whole damn thing again.

So Dharma radio silence until the finale has been watched and digested. I'll probably have to check out the Jimmy Kimmel special on the web later this week. The internets are abuzz with LOST-related end-of-an-era activity. Here are some fun links, but mostly tonight I'll be glued to the set, with a box of Kleenex close-by, just in case.
  • Finale drinking game, via Flavorpill
  • Michael Emerson being creepy with ordinary phrases, via Buzzfeed
  • Auditions & kittehs, via Pajiba

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comments:

Audrey Brown said...

I needed to read this today with how frustrated I felt after the finale. Thanks for reminding me that there will always be amazing things about LOST to be glad for.

Post a Comment