Sunday, August 01, 2010

another kind of safari . . .

. . . more photos from last week's adventure, but with some different wildlife.



I'm not sure why, but I've always been fascinated by merry-go-round animals. The bright colors, shiny surfaces, and the fact that they are part of one of my favorite childhood pastimes are all factors, I'm sure.



Most of the merry-go-rounds I went on as a child were populated strictly by ponies, so I am always doubly thrilled to see some other animals added to the mix. The Smithsonian carousel had a cool dragon that the kids always fought over, and the merry-go-round at Lion Country Safari didn't disappoint, with some appropriate exotic options for the discerning child.



Future coffee table book or at the very least, flickr set? We'll have to see how my collection expands . . .
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comments:

jane said...

Love the zebra and the book idea!

Post a Comment