Wednesday, May 04, 2011

how did that happen?

There are only 21 school days left in this year. I've picked a few weeks of "camp" to entertain the kid, but that means the rest of the summer she is going to be around. A lot.

Some of my fondest memories of summer are being bored out of my mind, wondering what to do with a whole day off. But the sooner we got to having to go back to school the more I missed those lazy days.

I'm lucky, and I hope my daughter will feel so, that I don't have to keep her scheduled every waking moment. Boredom breeds creativity. At least I hope so. But I also I think it might be time for me to take up meditation, to prepare ...

Blowing bubbles
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Lime said...

So true! We were just picking (hours seemingly wasted) camps last night for A. But totally agree re the boredom and creativity: I hope life is more leisurely for you au sud than it is here in DC! Kids need that absolute lack of planning, the lazy days staring at the sun spinning through the sky and the moving shadows, to get a feel for the pace of life... and not just their parents' lives!

We have a few weeks of nothingness scheduled. :)

B

xoxoxo said...

Nothingness - sounds like a great plan! It's definitely something I aspire to. Right now I feel like every hour is accounted for in one way or another. Hope you all have a lazy summer : )

Post a Comment