Saturday, September 01, 2012

sofa shopping

My mother hasn't done much furniture shopping over the years, except for a recliner for herself when she was having back issues. The living room couch has been here as long as I can remember — it was my grandmother's, so it was easily 35+ years old. It looked O.K. until the cats started to redesign the arms, but it felt not-so-O.K., and lately my back was beginning to really notice.

So I finally bit the bullet and we all went out sofa shopping. The kid enjoyed it a lot. A furniture store just became an indoor playground for her.

photo

My mom was not as fascinated with the process, but at least this sort of shopping allows for frequent rest stops.

photo

I finally decided on a sectional. We can move it around, break it up as chairs, if needed. Being Florida, a light color is called for to match the walls and rug, but I have also been equipped with a stain-fighting kit.

photo

Now we just have to wait for it to arrive today, in the usual late afternoon two-hour delivery window.
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment