Saturday, February 02, 2013

my little champ

The school spelling bee was yesterday. The kid did very well, going up against fellow third graders and even fourth and fifth graders.

Untitled
My little contender, #10, waiting for the bee to begin


She breezed through three or four rounds, spelling words like "weakness" and "quirky." I was impressed. Soon the crowd of spellers had thinned.

Untitled
Just a few kids left on stage

A fifth grade girl ended up being the winner and will go on to the county spelling bee. My little one missed out on the word "proposition," but found out after school that even not winning can be sweet. I told her how proud I was, and there was always next year. Spelling Bee - the sequel!

Untitled
Celebrating with ice cream and gummy bears

1 comments:

JJM said...

It's not the winning, it's the playing well. And brava, Kid! (Also brava, Elizabeth, on having such a splendid daughter.)--Mario R.

Post a Comment