Tuesday, June 25, 2013

ch-ch-ch-changes

Inspired by some kind words from family and friends on Facebook ...

Mom is (finally) being discharged from the hospital this afternoon to the nursing home, where she is set for rehab therapy. I'm not sure if they will be able to get her up and moving (and eating better) again, but I am sure it is a better environment than the noisy, busy hospital. She has a room with a view, of the intracoastal waterway, so we lucked out with that one. She is right across the bridge from us, so visiting her will also be more convenient.


I suddenly feel very tired, which is understandable, as the tension level involved with achieving this transition has been quite high. I know that we are not out of the woods, by any means. Just a step forward on the path. I want to pull the covers over my head and sleep and dream for a week, but it's not time yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment